Monday 30 July 2012

Introduction: Alex Compton

Hi folks!


My name is Alex Compton and I'm at the end of my second year of LBPM. Im a mature aged student in my thirties and am grateful for the opportunity to be able to study again. I'm part time at the moment, but have completed a year and a half of full time before switching to part time.

 My general study subjects are Home Economics and Health, which I am passionate about. I also have a background in music and pursued this as a vocation after school, before doing food and hospitality related courses.

As for books, I have never really thought of myself as a reader and haven't tended to read too many books since I left school.
At school I did enjoy the set novels for English such as "The Grapes of Wrath" and "Of Mice and Men". I did get into some "Choose Your Own Adventure" books in younger years.

I guess nowadays I would pick up a book if it really took my interest. I have tended to read Christian living books as well as autobiographies and find psychology interesting.

I am looking forward to discovering the new worlds open up as I read for the personal reading program. Maybe a reader is emerging after all!

                              Alex


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment